The Robert Lee Walsh Post 337 was chartered on September 18, 1919. Largely through the efforts of Dr. B.E. Chapman, world war veterans gathered at the G.A.R. post rooms and voted to organize a local branch of the American Legion. It was the sense of the meeting that the post be named after the only soldier from this section who died in action, Robert Lee Walsh. Dr. Chapman served as the first Commander.
A Women's Auxiliary of the Robert Lee Walsh Post 337 was formed on November 10, 1921.
* Information provided by past Post Historian John McLaughlin and the Broadalbin Town Historian, Gordon Cornell.